Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Searching , searching everywhere

I searched the sites mentioned in Thing 10 for "dalmatian coast". Results were quite varied. A couple we academic in nature and while they would have been great if I was interested in "Analysis of the 5' region of the canine PAX3 gene and exclusion as a candidate for Dalmatian deafness 1", it wasn't quite what I had in mind for my holiday plans. Might be good if I was being a little more highbrow with my 23 things exploration! Some sites like Google produced the mandatory hundreds of thousand results, which are really no good to anyone. Dogpile gave me 56 results. I'm not sure about this site and others like it. They always return about the same number of results. This is good if we are looking for the best sites, but if we are looking for something a little more obscure I'd be concerned about what I was missing out on. There is a very bid difference between 56 and >800,000. Kartoo was fun, but I think I would have to spend a bit of time trying to work it out properly, time I do n ot have a great deal of at the moment. Del.ic.ious produced some excellant sites which I will go back to and add the best of to my Europe08 wiki, when I 'get time'.

No comments: